The Islamic Tartan Concept weaves together the different strands of Scottish and Muslim heritage creating the fabric of the future.
The theological explanation of the design is as follows:
– Blue to represent the Scottish Flag
– Green to represent the colour of Islam
– Five white lines running through the pattern to represent the five pillars of Islam
– Six gold lines to represent the six articles of faith
– Black square to represent the Holy Kabah
Weaving together the histories of Scotland and Islam.