The definition of a genius
noun: genius; plural noun: geniuses
1. exceptional intellectual or creative power or other natural ability.
“she was a teacher of genius”
- synonyms: brilliance, great intelligence, great intellect, great ability, cleverness, brains, erudition, wisdom, sagacity, fine mind, wit, artistry, flair, creative power, precocity, precociousness
- antonyms: stupidity
2. an exceptionally intelligent person or one with exceptional skill in a particular area of activity.
“a mathematical genius”
- synonyms: brilliant person, mental giant, mastermind, Einstein, intellectual, intellect, brain, highbrow, expert, master, artist, polymath
- antonyms: dunce
3. a person regarded as exerting a powerful influence over another for good or evil.
“he sees Adams as the man’s evil genius”
(in some mythologies) a spirit associated with a particular person, place, or institution.
plural noun: genii
4. the prevailing character or spirit of something.
“Boucher’s paintings did not suit the austere genius of neoclassicism”
1. very clever or ingenious.
“a genius idea”
(credit to Google)